The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryAlterverse WikiFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Future

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: The Future   Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:17 pm

I'd just like to compile all the information we have on future human civilization. I'll put this in the form of questions and answers.

Future Earth Politics:

Map of Earth:

Federal Flags:

UEF Flag:

AEE Flag:

FeSA Flag:

List of Current Nations:

-(The) United Earth Federation (UEF)
-(The) Afro-Eurasian Empire (AEE)
-(The) Federation of Southeast Asia (FeSA)
-Haiti*
-(The) Vatican*
-(Northern) Isreal
-Lebanon*
-Guinnea-Bissao*
-Guinnea-Liberea
-Ivory Coast*
-Republic of Burkina Faso and Benin (RBB)
-Ghana*
-Togo*
-Niger*
-Nigeria*
-Chad*
-Reformed Central African Republic (RCAR)
-(The) Sudanese Republic
-Ethiopia*
-(The) Kenyan Union of Somalia (KUS)
-(The) New Cameronian Federation (NCF)
-Gabon*
-(The) Republic of Western Congo (RWC)
-(The) Republic of Eastern Congo (REC)
-Uganda*
-Rwanda*
-Zambia*
-Malawi*
-Zimbabwe*

(Nations with a * haven't had their borders changed. I'm eventually gonna say which nations include parts of which modern countries, but I guess you may be able to figure that our yourselves using the map.)[/spoiler]

Q&A of the Future:

Q: Are we united?
A: Yes. Well, mostly. The United Earth Federation (spawned from the United Nations actually becoming a single "nation") rules over most of the world, though there are still seperate countries, mostly in Africa and the Middle-East. There's also a large Asian super-power, but they aren't at war with the UEF.

Q: Is currency still in use?
A: A global electric currency and service tokens (recieved equally for how much you do for the world), yes. Both are measured in GCU (Global Crediting Unit), aka "Credits" (¤).

Q: Is there a language used world wide?
A: English is still dominant.

Q: How much have we advanced?
A: Nano Age. We're not quite on a Galactic level yet, though.

Q: Have Taco Gazelles become known by everybody on Earth?
A: Yes, and everybody loves them. /joke

Q: What is the human population?
A: 34.7 Billion and counting.

Q: Is this Earth's population or all colonies on other planets plus Earth?
A: All members of the human race galaxy-wide. So yes, the second option.

Q: Which nation owns these colonies?
A: Mainly the UEF, but the Afro-Eurasian Republic has one of the two moon colonies, Luna City.

Q: Have many of the currently endangered animals gone extinct in the wild?
A: At one point, yes. However, after the mass extinction of 1800-2200 (estimated dates), gigantic "Green Zones" were created in many parts of the world. In these "Green Zones", much of the original biomes and climate was restored and much of the original wild life has been released back into the "wild". However, many species are still highly endangered and only found in captivity.

Q: Do farmlands and cities make up most of the urbanized countries?
A: Yes. The rest are basically made up of Green Zones.

Q: Are major international wars rare?
A: Yes, but we came very close to one during the extinction period sometime in 2100. It was practically the East vs. the West vs. Africa.

Q: Have most communist run countries morphed into free markets?
A: Yes.

Q: Do age laws, cloning laws, robotic slavery laws, parental laws and genetic laws play a much larger role in society?
A: Yes.

Q: Have third world countries advanced somewhat?
A: Mostly. South Africa and some surrounding countries are currently part of the UEF.

I'll put more things here eventually.

Last edited by Xeno on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions

Character Sheet
Full Name: Liekan Dajonvii A'Vi
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Most certainly not.

Yes.

For international trade and converse yes, day to day, no.

• We'll, eh, I'm going to go with that humans will have greatly expanded their population,
  • Many of the currently endangered animals are extinct in the wild,
  • Farmland and Cities make up most of the urbanized countries,
  • Most major international wars are very rare,
  • In-sergeants are common in many places in the world as they are now,
  • Most communist run countries have morphed into free markets,
  • Age laws, cloning laws, robotic slavery laws, parental laws and genetic laws play a much larger role in society,
  • Most third world countries have advanced somewhat,
  • Religious, cultural and ethical motives make for many terrorist style attacks,
  • Most races have began to blend together,
  • Most tribal societies are wiped out,
  • Roads and cars still make up much of our daily transportation,
  • Monopolies are not uncommon in many places and economical niches,
  • Virus and Resistant-Bacterial diseases are a common fear,
  • Nuclear power staple energy source,
  • Number of small countries absorbed by larger ones or wiped off the map in several island cases,
  • Metals used in computers and electronics very valuable,
  • Colonies on the Moon and Mars
  • Europa explored, life may or may not have been found,
  • Society dependent on electrical devices,
  • Organic farming is extremely rare,
  • Robotics do much of manual labor,
  • Robots are no where near humanoid in any way,
  • Virtual reality is extremely advanced.
  • Medicine is extremely advanced and brings reason for age limits for the good of society,
  • Computers able to work more efficiently then the human mind,
  • Humans are used by Robots as personal slaves in a robot ruled universe,
  • The above statement is disregarded.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/LichenDragon
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Either that or we're all dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:00 pm

I like mine better.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:05 pm

I think anything would be better than death.

Except slavery, of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:07 pm

That statement is disregarded and false.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Ok. Slavery is fun, then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Not quite, actually somewhere in there it states that there are new laws on slavery and on a more complex scale definitions on what's sentient and what's a slave.

The robots will have to be programmed to feel pain you know.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:48 am

This is supposed to be humanities future in the books. I forgot, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:55 am

Answers:

• Are we united? Yes. Well, mostly. The United Earth Federation (spawned from the United Nations actually becoming a single "nation") rules over most of the world, though there are still seperate countries, mostly in Africa and the Middle-East. There's also a large Asian super-power, but they aren't at war with the UEF. I'll make a map later.
  • Is currency still in use? A global electric currency and service tokens (recieved equally for how much you do for the world), yes. Both are measured in GCU (Global Crediting Unit), aka "Credits" (¤).
  • Is there a language used world wide? English is still dominant.
  • How much have we advanced? Nano Age. We're not quite on a Galactic level yet, though.
  • Have Taco Gazelles become known by everybody on Earth? No.
  • We'll, eh, I'm going to go with that humans will have greatly expanded their population. Correct. 34.7 Billion and counting.
  • Many of the currently endangered animals are extinct in the wild. At one point, yes. However, after the mass extinction of 1800-2200 (estimated dates), gigantic "Green Zones" were created in many parts of the world. In these "Green Zones", much of the original biomes and climate was restored and much of the original wild life has been released back into the "wild". However, many species are still highly endangered and only found in captivity.
  • Farmland and Cities make up most of the urbanized countries. Correct. The rest are basically made up of Green Zones.
  • Most major international wars are very rare. Correct, but we came very close to one during the extinction period sometime in 2100. It was practically the East vs. the West vs. Africa.
  • In-sergeants are common in many places in the world as they are now. What? I even Googled that word and came up with nothing but "sergeants".
  • Most communist run countries have morphed into free markets. Correct.
  • Age laws, cloning laws, robotic slavery laws, parental laws and genetic laws play a much larger role in society. Correct.
  • Most third world countries have advanced somewhat. Mostly. South Africa and some surrounding countries are currently part of the UEF. Very Happy
  • Religious, cultural and ethical motives make for many terrorist style attacks. Yep. Especially since most of the poppulation has been converted to the Reformed Religions Movement, which is basically a philosophy that allows for individuals to sort of form their own faiths. Ie, believe what fits them. Of course, many extremists of "devout" religions are completely against this.
  • Most races have began to blend together. Very much so. I'd like to think that racism is by now a thing of the forgotten past.
  • Most tribal societies are wiped out. Most, yes.
  • Roads and cars still make up much of our daily transportation. Actualy, AI electric cars make up about 85% percent of daily transportation.
  • Monopolies are not uncommon in many places and economical niches. Haven't really thought about this one. Probably, I guess.
  • Virus and Resistant-Bacterial diseases are a common fear. Nope. Not after the widespread introduction of Nanomeds, that is. (Nanomeds are short for "nanoscopic medical drones", which are basically incredibly tiny and surprisingly simple robots that repair damaged cells and tissue and destroy any unwanted entities. They work like a hivemind inside a patient's body and disolve after a few ours into the patient's blood stream.
  • Nuclear power staple energy source. Allong with solar and colider (taking energy from subatomic particle collisions) engergy sources.
  • Number of small countries absorbed by larger ones or wiped off the map in several island cases. Correct. Oh, and what you said about islands reminded me of the partial destruction of Holland, Florida and multiple other places during the extinction period.
  • Metals used in computers and electronics very valuable. And of course whatever materials are used for Slipspace travel.
  • Colonies on the Moon and Mars. And Europa, Callisto, Ganymede, Phobos, Deimos, Titan, Ceres (hub for surrounding asteroid mines), asteroids in the inner Asteroid Belt and some outer-solar world, including Novusvita.
  • Europa explored, life may or may not have been found. Yes. Extremophiles were found on the moon - the first life discovered off Earth. Later, a base was set up. This later became the forth off-Earth colony after those on the Moon (Luna City and Newton) and Mars (Hawkwins).
  • Society dependent on electrical devices. Most definately.
  • Organic farming is extremely rare. True, though battery farming has become more humane after constant protests by animal welfare societies.
  • Robotics do much of manual labor. Correct.
  • Robots are no where near humanoid in any way. Except for the non mainstream ones ordered by really rich people. Or toys.
  • Virtual reality is extremely advanced. So true. Totally emersive 3D VR (indirectly conected to the brain) has been long available.
  • Medicine is extremely advanced and brings reason for age limits for the good of society. Correct. The age debate is one of the reasons Nanomeds were made to be temporary.
  • Computers able to work more efficiently then the human mind. Correct. Most are also AI by now.
  • Humans are used by Robots as personal slaves in a robot ruled universe. Nope. Moral desision making was made to be programmed into AI's where applicable.
  • The above statement is disregarded. Correct.

Last edited by TemporalV01D on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alterverse.4umer.net
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:49 am

Moral decision doesn't stop atrocities, just look at history.

How could thew Nano-thingies destroy Viruses? They're so tiny that I don't know if we can even make machines capable of destroying the greatest constant threat humanity usually deals with.

AI Electronic Cars = Car, just a lot more awesome if I'm thinking of what you're thinking.

Racism will probably still be a problem.

English = International communications, but it certainly probably won't replace cultural languages.

The Humanoid Robot one I put for any of those Terminator or any science-fiction movies on humanoid robots taking over.

By what I meant with the extinct animals is that almost all non-captivity large land animals are probably doomed in the urge to feed the human population.

Oh, child laws making it illegal to have more then 1-2 children.

I think as you mentioned a single currency will still be in use because there will never be a "sharing" society.

I think that countries on continents would fuse into each other so that you have the N. American Nation to the European Nation to the etc.

The Green Zones sound somewhat realistic, though I feel that they'll be small and almost like giant parks due to the need to feed the human population.

Oh, and mass famines occurred in many Equatorial countries killing off many during the time span as global food supplies dramatically fell.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:08 am

Quote :
Moral decision doesn't stop atrocities, just look at history.
Let's just say it took a while to program the AI's intoknowing what is likely to be the right decision, morally. And I cannot define the way many people acted in history as "moral".

Quote :
How could thew Nano-thingies destroy Viruses? They're so tiny that I don't know if we can even make machines capable of destroying the greatest constant threat humanity usually deals with.
The Nanomeds just fix the cells effected by the virus and destroy the cells carying its genes. They don't actualy attack the viri directly - actual medicine is still needed for that.

Quote :
AI Electronic Cars = Car, just a lot more awesome if I'm thinking of what you're thinking.
Kinda. And more eco-friendly. Also, no one owns any - it's a public transport system.

Quote :
Racism will probably still be a problem.
You're probably right... *Cries* But on a less large scale.

Quote :
English = International communications, but it certainly probably won't replace cultural languages.
True.

Quote :
The Humanoid Robot one I put for any of those Terminator or any science-fiction movies on humanoid robots taking over.
What?

Quote :
By what I meant with the extinct animals is that almost all non-captivity large land animals are probably doomed in the urge to feed the human population.
The answer is mainly test-tube food.

Quote :
Oh, child laws making it illegal to have more then 1-2 children.
Yeah.

Quote :
I think as you mentioned a single currency will still be in use because there will never be a "sharing" society.
I didn't mean that's the only currency. Each state has its own. Being the largest by far (without even including the multiple colonies), the UEF's currency is considered the "main".

Quote :
I think that countries on continents would fuse into each other so that you have the N. American Nation to the European Nation to the etc.
That's kinda what happened originally, but not as exact.

Quote :
The Green Zones sound somewhat realistic, though I feel that they'll be small and almost like giant parks due to the need to feed the human population.
Test tube food.

Quote :
Oh, and mass famines occurred in many Equatorial countries killing off many during the time span as global food supplies dramatically fell.
Global Warming sorta killed many off anyway, so...

Also, the mentioned mass extinction is the human induced mass extinction we're currently in.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 am

The Humanoid robot thing, just forget it, I twice made bad phrasing.

And test Tube Food? We still have to grow it and the only efficient means is with sun-light, the Earth will be cities, and farms. With a few wildlife sanctuaries.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:47 am

Test tube food = edible matter produced in factories using base organic matter produced in laborotories or aquired from actual living matter. Then flavouring and artificial colourants are added for good messure.

By the way, this is a rough map of Earth at the time:

Back to top Go down
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:53 am

I would've thought that Morocco and India would have joined the European based union.

But I could be wrong and who knows what may have happened.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:57 am

I dunno. I sorta just randomly clicked. For all I know, Morocco and India may have been taken through war.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:03 am

But wouldn't a world like our modern one have probably stopped that, particularly with India and Morocco since both are hubs for Western culture into otherwise hostile continents.

Morocco does control half of Gibraltar and India is a major power in the East, only China is an actual threat and such a war would have led to a massive international crisis.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:14 pm

So how did all of Earth end up becoming united into three nations?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Probably because Western countries would have increasingly united interests through things like the UN and eventually they would probably come under a more pronounced UN which plays a much larger role. I expect they'll still consider themselves independent countries though.

With the East pretty much the same thing would have happened.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:37 pm

Mhm.

Malta is part of the UEF. Yay.

Oh, and I edited the OP. I'll add more later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:36 am

Ok.

If you have any suggestions for which countries should belong to which federation (or even suggestions for new federations), please speak them.

And this is sorta how things are divided:

Federation --> Region --> Country --> State --> Province --> Metropolis --> City --> District

In most cases, a rank or two are skipped. Ie:

Federation --> Country --> State --> City --> District

Or

Region --> Country --> Province --> Metropolis --> District

I would be in:

The United Earth Federation (Fed.) --> Southern Africa (Reg.) --> South Africa (Country/State) --> Western Cape (Prov.) --> Oudtshoorn (City/District).

Just for interest's sake.

I'm currently doing the UEF's flag. I have no idea how to do the AER and USA's flags (USA. Lol. Laughing ) I guess most unfederalised countries still retain their old flags.

Edit: Here's the UEF flag:

By the way, I answered your unanswered questions on the OP.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:22 pm

Thank you. I'll try adding the rest of the info to it later.

Nice flag Very Happy

Can I make the other flags?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adracman42
New Comer
New Comer

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:15 pm

Somehow I that, even 200+ years into the future, Russia and some of the Slavic European states (Ukraine, Belarus, and Moldova, in particular) would be very reluctant to join a federation with the majority of Western civilization. I also note that hostilities between Russia and Georgia make it unliklely that they would participate in the same regional bloc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:47 pm

Who knows what may have occurred in that time? They could have been forced to, aided each other, etc.
Back to top Go down
adracman42
New Comer
New Comer

PostSubject: Re: The Future   Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:52 pm

I'm just saying that, at least in my opinion, the creation of an international federation of this scale in that time period is setting our sights a little high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Future   

Back to top Go down

The Future
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next