The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryAlterverse WikiFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:40 am

I realize both of these, just wording errors on my part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:03 am

Ah.

I am now busy with Bara'dur's map.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alterverse.4umer.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:09 pm

I laugh a bit every time I write IGA'vi, because around here IGA is a grocery store.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:26 am

Lol. They are definitely not a grocery store. Laughing

I can't upload the Bara'dur map because my computer's internet is unusable due to an expired anti-virus.

Last edited by TemporalV01D on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Stupid anti-viruses... Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Full Name: Liekan Dajonvii A'Vi
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:45 pm

They're like viruses, only the exact opposite. Like matter and anti-matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/LichenDragon
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Full Name: Krikk Itwish
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:14 pm

TemporalV01D wrote:
Iga's speady rise is due to a want to be better
than everything else. Also, the other clans just don't have the
resaurses or knowlage to become that advanced. Jay and Valiero come
close in some ways. Valiero is still the most advanced
colturaly.

A want to be better than everyone else is what drives every nation. If that's your excuse for Industrial-Revolution-tech next to Roman-Greek-tech, it's quite the stretch. And knowledge has to come from somewhere.

I understand that I'm still attacking the Iga'vi for being advanced so long after you've added them to the story and written a plot including them further, making my efforts worthless. I'm just ranting incessantly about something I don't fully agree with.

The Aari'vi actually have a fairly decent Earth analog of the 17th-century Dutch, so I'm okay with them. That and boat-nomads and floating cities are epic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:22 pm

Aari'Vi = Venetians, Carthaginians, Dutch

Iga'Vi = Napoleonic Empire, Ottoman Empire

Jay'Vi = Ottoman Empire

Valiero'Vi = Medieval France

Svia'Vi = New World Brazilian tribes

Qua'A'Vi = Plains Indians

Cul'Ton'Vi and the other Inuit style guys = Inuit

Oihaja'Vi = Inca

That's my take. I feel that most of the advanced empires are probably tech wise are around the 1400-1600's with the Jay'Vi and Iga'Vi sporting the most modern armies while the Aari'Vi are masters at ship building while the Valiero'Vi are only beginning to switch from heavy calvary to Arquebus and Pike.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:27 pm

I was thinking of the Valiero'Vi as closer to Mali or Rome. Somewhat more advanced, but in a different way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:32 pm

I was thinking of the Valiero'vi as being similar to Rome as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:12 pm

I dunno, I think that perhaps that socially and tech. they're on the scale of roman or Renaissance and militarily are more French-Norman.

I think that roman style fighting would be pretty quickly out done by most of the nations surrounding the Valiero'Vi. The Northern Tribes would simply wait for winter to force the Valiero'Vi back into their own lands, the Qua'A'Vi would run circles shooting arrows Hun style and the Iga'Vi would blow them to shreds with Arquebus and Cannon.

I think a Roman Social style nation with a professional, if slightly slow to change, army more a kin in their types of soldiers to a western army.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:38 pm

I guess... well... yeah... That sounds good. I kinda see them fighting like the Mongols, with their horses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:51 pm

That's how I saw the Qua'A'Vi when Dudeman first created them.

Perhaps a Polish or Lithuanian style army? The perfect mix of western and steppe warfare.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:26 pm

I'd like something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:58 am

geekus_sapiens wrote:
TemporalV01D wrote:
Iga's speady rise is due to a want to be better
than everything else. Also, the other clans just don't have the
resaurses or knowlage to become that advanced. Jay and Valiero come
close in some ways. Valiero is still the most advanced
colturaly.

A want to be better than everyone else is what drives every nation. If that's your excuse for Industrial-Revolution-tech next to Roman-Greek-tech, it's quite the stretch. And knowledge has to come from somewhere.

I understand that I'm still attacking the Iga'vi for being advanced so long after you've added them to the story and written a plot including them further, making my efforts worthless. I'm just ranting incessantly about something I don't fully agree with.

The Aari'vi actually have a fairly decent Earth analog of the 17th-century Dutch, so I'm okay with them. That and boat-nomads and floating cities are epic.
There are very few places with iron ore in Cyro'bar (Valiero's continent of origin), but very much in northern Gharo'zaghira (or simply Gharo - Iga's origin).

And it's really not that big of a gap.

It's like comparing Gondor with Mordor. Only that Mordor has guns from the eighteen hundreds. And something else that I'll only share via PM's as to not ruine it for everyone else - a factor that noone has yet considered/

LichenDragon wrote:
Aari'Vi = Venetians, Carthaginians, Dutch

Iga'Vi = Napoleonic Empire, Ottoman Empire

Jay'Vi = Ottoman Empire

Valiero'Vi = Medieval France

Svia'Vi = New World Brazilian tribes

Qua'A'Vi = Plains Indians

Cul'Ton'Vi and the other Inuit style guys = Inuit

Oihaja'Vi = Inca

That's my take. I feel that most of the advanced empires are probably tech wise are around the 1400-1600's with the Jay'Vi and Iga'Vi sporting the most modern armies while the Aari'Vi are masters at ship building while the Valiero'Vi are only beginning to switch from heavy calvary to Arquebus and Pike.
You're basically right with everyone but the following:

Aari'vi = Not really any comparison to an Earth nation. Maybe the hypothetical Atlantien empire. But they were suposed to have lived on islands and/or a continent (eg. South America), so maybe not.

Iga'vi = With a large dash of Mordor and Industrial Revolution.

Jay'vi = They're more like the Persians, I think. Also, they didn't develope guns for war, rather for hunting. That's way they are more sniper-like.

Valiero'vi = With a large dash of Gondor and the Romans.

Oijah'vi = Not really any comparison to an Earth nation. Probably Inca-ish to the north, where they don't need to hide in the caves, under the blizzardous moutains (remember, these caves have running water in the form of underground streams and springs, light in the form of luminescent flora and Mineralians and even vast underground forrest). I can even imagine Maya-ish stone mini-cities around the northern cave mouths.

Quote :
I dunno, I think that perhaps that socially and tech. they're on the scale of roman or Renaissance and militarily are more French-Norman.

I think that roman style fighting would be pretty quickly out done by most of the nations surrounding the Valiero'Vi. The Northern Tribes would simply wait for winter to force the Valiero'Vi back into their own lands, the Qua'A'Vi would run circles shooting arrows Hun style and the Iga'Vi would blow them to shreds with Arquebus and Cannon.

I think a Roman Social style nation with a professional, if slightly slow to change, army more a kin in their types of soldiers to a western army.
The only real threat (the Valiero are in favour with the bordering nations) is Iga.

And Winter? What Winter? We haven't even discussed the seasons yet. Hmm. Time for a new thread.
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 pm

Seasons dictate when you can preform naval activities, the winter is too stormy for galleys to function.

What do you say to a Polish-Lithuanian-Gondor?

Hmm to the Jay'Vi, they would still function the same way then, that's how Arquebus warfare usually becomes in that age of sieges.

Just for reference my personal bias has been set already to the Jay'Vi, I always like the Eastern Turk/Mongol/nomad type nation.
Back to top Go down
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:41 pm

I have a tie between the Jay and Valiero.

Actually, the economic aspect of the Aari makes them sound very much like 19th century Britain, without the large dose of industrialization.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Which is why I think they'd be seen as a threat by the Iga'Vi. Massive naval blockade=bad.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:10 am

True.

As for the seasons, who even ever said we had any?? You're getting ahead of yourself. We still need to discuss the seasons of the planet (the seasons would depend on Novusvita's orientation toward the three suns, not an axial tilt, like on Earth).
Back to top Go down
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:51 am

Hmm, would these "seasons" be very extreme? So say most of the planet cools for a month, heat up for 4 more and then plunge into coldness again for etc. How regular would these temperature changes be? It could definitely have a massive impact on ecosystems, agriculture and even warfare if they're both largely noticeable and even relatively hard to predict.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:34 pm

This is why we need to have a brain like Thomas's. We need to know the Revolution in order to know the orientation at any given time. I do believe we know how fast it rotates on its axis, The axis is shallow, is all i know. The seasons won't be too great in frequency, extremity, or length. But it won't cycle consistently like Earth's , they do cycle, at they are predictable, but it mainly depends on which sun is currently in front of or behind the other. I forgot what kind of Trinary Star system it was, either a A-B-X or an O-G-X, X being the Third in which I do not know its phase. An A-Phase or O-Phase would be brighter, but not hotter than the other. The other in the pair would be not as bright, but be hotter. But like I said before, and as the wiki says the planet is outside the so called "Goldilocks Zone" and should be much colder than it is, But because of the atmosphere and its thickness it is around Earth summer standard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:17 pm

So the above roughly translates to "seasons are short, hard to predict, and minor, but averages out at around our summer in climate?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Sounds more simple when you just say Earth Summer all year long.
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:41 am

Ok, so that rules out Winter.

Perhaps there could be four season, but not like ours at all:

Mild - Big A and tiny C behind medium B

Hot 1 - Medium B in front of big A and tiny C behind Novusvita (all day season)

Hot 2 - Big A in front of medium B, but tiny C behind other two

OMG Hot - Big A in front of medium B, but tiny C behind Novusvita (all day season)

I'll post pics of the seasons in a few. There may be two more, but they'd be roughly equal. We can call them Hot 3 and 4.

I'll post them on the WCS thread.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:07 am

Basically yes, there would be mild weather fluctuations, but like Earths they would be local from front's and stuff.

Hmmm... Weird Idea... SNOWNADO!!! I wonder whet it would take...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   

Back to top Go down

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The ALTERVERSE Forums :: [Archive]-
Jump to: