The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryAlterverse WikiFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
LichenDragon
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name: Liekan Dajonvii A'Vi
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:03 am

Time line:

Event:

, Agol System Forms from Nebula, planets including Novuvsita form amid turmoil

, Life arises on Novuvsita
at
a subterranean level, mainly from hydrogen and sulfur compounds. Early
Novusvitan life was bound to a subterranean level due to direct sunlight
breaking down their molecular compounds.

, Compound harvesting allows first organisms to exist in direct sunlight.

, Compound harvesting leads independently to Minerallians and the precursors to the first Imperia.

Imperia evolve, initially as organelle clumps within Liquiphites.
Eventually said Liquiphites become vestiges and eventually first cells
no longer need Liquiphite boddies to survive.

, First
multicellular life forms through cell herding and later cell colonies.
Gradually Imperial life becomes larger and larger.

, First Disymmetra form.

, Duososida evolve.

, Sentient Xen'Vi for the first time make use of fashioned tools
in Xena

, Xen'Vi begin agriculture and domestication of certain flora and animals

, Xen'vi spread to much of Novusvita, first separate nations form.

, Precursor Iga'vi nation forms in central Gharo'zaghira, precursor Valiero'vi nation forms in Cyro'bar.

PrecursorIga nation spreads northward, taking over smaller nations and
tribes. First Iga civil war breaks out, (original) southern part of
nation breaks off and forms Jay'vi.

, Iga becomes gigantic empire, war with Valiero. Iga defeats Valiero and takes west of Valiero territory.

Second Iga civil war, rebels cast out into the mountains to die. Rebels
form Oijah'vi in secrecy and find something in the vast mountain cave
systems.

2217, Humans first discover Novuvsita using probes, further probes discover life from orbit

, Probes are sent to surface and find complex life in large
amounts, probes lost to natural hazards

2229, Manned ships enter Agol System and launch landing parties,
small colonies built in Northern hemisphere, first Human to Xen'Vi
contact initiated. God/Demon-like status given to alien Humans

Last edited by LichenDragon on Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/LichenDragon
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:12 pm

The Xen'vi do have some sort of firearm, although I don't believe they use gunpowder, just something similar. The Iga’vi seem to be within their industrial revolution, 18th century Great Britan kind of thing. They have colonies, and their empire stretches across parts of 3 continents.

The Aari’vi seem semi-medieval. They have currancy, but lack laws and a real political system.

The Svia’vi are primitive tribesmen.

The Jay’vi are like people from the middle east. They invented firearms first, so they are somewhat advanced.

The Oijah’vi are primitive. Really primitive. No culture or anything.

TheValiero’vi are almost medieval, i guess.I'm probably wrong about some of these things. Anyway, the story takes place in 2237AD, life on Novusvita was discovered a decade or so earlier. The Darwin colony was up and running by December of some year.

EDIT: They discovered life on Novusvita in 2217, and Darwin was up and running by 2229
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanks, that should help a lot.

I'm going to say 1400-1600's then.

So we have Great Britain, Eastern Europe, New World, Ottoman Empire, New World, Eastern Europe.

That's helpful when I imagine the world.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:22 pm

I wouldn't say that the Oijah'vi are New World-like. They were at some point a civilization, but have degraded down to primitive cave dwellers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:00 pm

So, really just Neanderthal. That should work. And idea of what the firearm is like? Since I have some ideas on what it could be if there isn't a definite design.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:27 pm

I believe they are similar to matchlock firearms, except instead of gunpowder they had some other material. Thats all i know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Hmm, I would have gone with some sort of hand-held device that fires a small rockets that explode upon impact.

By rockets I mean those red tubes that the British and Indians (Sub-Continent) used.

Think of a match-lock that sends the match on to the fuse that fires the rocket from a rod. Another rocket can then be fitted onto the shaft and fired off again.

Pro's:
Faster firing rate
Explosive shot
Original in my opinion, just think of a line of guys pointing a bunch of rockets at the charging tribal savages and firing off a whirling shower of fuming rockets crashing into the enemy blow limbs and animals out from under them as they in vain try to close range with their bows and slings.

Con's:
Low shot count
Explodes in face (Allowing friends to say ""Ooh, did you see his face? It's gone now but did you see it?")

Just throwing out an idea. Okay, so I'd expect a Holy League vs Ottomans when talking about the Igi'Vi and Jay'Vi. Especially since the Jay'Vi, though controlling a much large land and sea area are split over several nationalities.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:17 am

I doubt they use rockets, they are rather unreliable compared to rifles, although a rifle is unreliable too due to the atmosphere qualities. The amount of CO2 would make a rifle nearly useless, requiring a different mechanism as a flint/steel spark wouldn't happen. Other minerals would be required, some might work in the similar fashion, but it would be much different.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Dudeman said something about them having sniper rifle-esque weapons, and I can't really imagine then having rocket launchers with scopes. Of course, the rocket idea is original and i quite like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Yeah, it was simply a thought, and I haven't considered the Atmosphere, is there an actual composition thought out or is it simply a "they just do" right now?
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a "they just do" kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Feel free to contact me via Email, PM, or IM, I am always on my computer.

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 pm

I checked the Wiki Page, Here is the Composition which was edited a few times by me and another contributor who did not sign in, 68% carbon dioxide, 26% nitrogen derivatives, 4% oxygen and trace amounts of other gases, The contributor I am guessing was either Thomas or Dudeman.

The Rocket Idea was indeed original, and I do like it a lot. We could suggest it as a weapon under development by the Iga'vi, It not completely insane, the Chinese used rockets before they went industrialized.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:48 pm

The Iga'vi are near becoming industrialized, I think. That's a good idea, Balufire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Yayz Idea Compliment!

I would go in and start on building certain clan buildings, but I need to know what they look like first, and that means I have to wait for Dudeman. Which being his Summer, and its almost a huge time difference between us, it may take while.

I'll investigate further into alternatives to the combustion of black-powder. I am thinking it is like a methane substance. Perhaps Methane and Platinum [Exact Terminology Unknown] reaction... Using a certain type of animal that uses the Methane...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:07 pm

*Balu* I meant the GunPowder but still useful to know.

And that idea sounds well enough to me. And it ain't supposed to be accurate when I envisioned it. Just a bunch a wailing rockets crashing everywhere with some blowing in the enemy ranks and one or two firers getting misfire. (AKA head blown off) As a part of a more skirmish oriented warfare with archers, slingers and light infantry sorting out of brush and forest to attack enemy positions as calvary stage hit and runs on main positions. At least that would be how more primitive nations fought while the Napoleonic Tech nations use lines of pikemen, artillery and calvary to fight their battles. With perhaps numbers of archers or gunmen.

I'm good with the idea of warfare and basic tactics and numerics. (Basically I don't charge 100 knights with 50 peasants)
Back to top Go down
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:49 pm

You guys will have to help me design weaponry, it seems. I also need help invisioning the battle scenes for the novels.

List of future battles:

-Iga vs. Valiero at their border
-Iga vs. humans in the New Carribean Sea
-Iga attack on Valiero capitol
-Jay ambush on humans
-Great sea battle - Iga vs. Aari and Humans
-Iga attack on Svia capitol
-Iga attack on Darwin
-The battle of the caves - Iga vs. Everyone else besides Aari and Jay
-Final battle at Iga capitol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alterverse.4umer.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:10 pm

Final battle at Iga capital... does that mean we kill them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:58 pm

I'm not sure about working on the story line but I can give insight on strategics.

Major notes, if the Iga'Vi are very large and industrialized, they'll have cores of Professional soldiers well armed with the bulks of their armies made up of levies from conquered lands which'll probably be much more poorly armed. They'll also probably have problems with defections, moral and cultural disputes.

I still say that humans trump anything since they'll have super weapons. (Yes they will because we'll never truly become a single completely unified species. and a few (super)weapons will probably always be stocked because who knows when you'll need them.) I'd expect humans to be passive bystanders.

But I digress,

Jay'Vi will probably have similar armies though much smaller and more adapted to hit and runs since I suppose they have a more Saracen style army. They may or may not have problems with cultures and likely are more cavalry based.

Aari'Vi will most likely have combinations of peasants, levies and well armed chiefs/nobles/rich.

Svia'Vi will probably be relatively unorganized and really will be like Native Americans were in fighting stlye: Small raiding parties picking off small groups and then retreating to friendly territory in a "There's nothing to conquer because there aren't any cities" warfare.

Oijah'Vi would be, eh: Personally I think they should be the same sort of script as the Svia'Vi since I find it unlikely to have Napoleonic and culturless, well, cultures occuring at the same time on such a well connected planet, and if they have no culture how can they be a clan? It's an oxymoron.Valiero'Vi would be pretty much the same as the Aari'Vi though perhaps more Gaulic in nature.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:25 pm

When I think of the Valiero'vi I think of the Mongol empire. The Oijah'vi aren't very a clan, I think, but just a generic term for the survives of the old Oijah'vi clan which was forced to abandon its civilization and retreat to underground cave systems after a war with the Iga'vi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:56 pm

I do believe one of the "Cultureless" are what remains of a mighty nation. The Oijah* I do believe. It would be like the remnants of Rome, you still have a common language, and a "culture" by most descriptions, but they would only be united by the most powerful person in a given area. Much like the Dark ages, but even less technology, more or less Equivalent to the nomadic Mongols, or Plains Native Americans. Now, understanding that this is a few hundred years later it may be a little more or less "governed" than I am guessing. Being Humans [lolz Pun] we would honorarily call them a Clan. They would have a currency for the most part if they used the crystals as Jewelry. In a vast cave system they would probably have a government of sorts, probably near the bottom of the cave system [unless I am mistaken and it is a Lava-tube, then it would be in the most open, yet safe place one could find.] They don't seem to be Solitary so they will gather eventually, only once they begin to trust each other and start to rely on each other, will an actual "Clan" form.

The guerrilla fighting style sounds right, Hit and run... Gotta love that stuff.

Epic Book so far Dudeman, Temporal, whatever other username is residing in your Cranial cavity.

[OMG] While I was typing this, Xeno, mentioned the Mongols!!!!! Wait why am I Praising...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:58 pm

The sounds good, Balufire.

Off-topic, but does anybody have some good sources of info about history? My school's history course is quite lacking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:41 pm

K... Not so sure on the precious stone currency, I'd expect gold or some metal to be the currency since to make a precious stone precious takes a lot of work and the easy finds are always too rare to make them good currency. Even if you can mine them we rarely use them as currency in our history. (As coins, not trading)

Don't know on the History thing, you can find a bunch of fun (and disillusioning) facts of Cracked.com but I use wikipedia and computer games to fill in the lack of anything but the history of Virginia (Do we really need to go 1st - 6th grade learning about one state and a single day on the history of Mali? I mean really? Mali?)

But Total war franchise computer games make for excellent numbers of different things to look up and find out if there really was a Crimean Khanate or Barbary Lion.
Back to top Go down
Balufire
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:49 pm

I suggest you watch the History channel... that's pretty much all the run...

Virginia... Mali... Don't know much about those places... Actually, other than where they are and various geographical locations I know nothing... Of course that is almost all I know about many locations...

Well, humans only like gold because it is heavy, and it is shiny. Seriously, both gold and silver are worth almost nothing if not for there shininess... I feel bad for the people who had ADHD (remember I am talking about the Kings and Queens of really ancient times) and walked by I shiny rock... OoH SHINY!!! But something that has a use would be far more valuable than a shiny rock... For instance;
If you are stuck, or live, in a cave, which would you pick if you could choose between three things: A glowing crystal, A bunch of gold, or a warm blanket... Hard choice right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
geekus_sapiens
Dimensional Resident
Dimensional Resident

Location : Take a left after any city and travel an indeterminately long distance and you will likely find me eventually.

Character Sheet
Full Name: Krikk Itwish
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm a good source of history. *brag*

Xeno wrote:
The Xen'vi do have some sort of firearm, although I don't believe they use gunpowder, just something similar. The Iga’vi seem to be within their industrial revolution, 18th century Great Britan kind of thing. They have colonies, and their empire stretches across parts of 3 continents.

The Aari’vi seem semi-medieval. They have currancy, but lack laws and a real political system.

The Svia’vi are primitive tribesmen.

The Jay’vi are like people from the middle east. They invented firearms first, so they are somewhat advanced.

The Oijah’vi are primitive. Really primitive. No culture or anything.

TheValiero’vi are almost medieval, i guess.I'm probably wrong about some of these things. Anyway, the story takes place in 2237AD, life on Novusvita was discovered a decade or so earlier. The Darwin colony was up and running by December of some year.

EDIT: They discovered life on Novusvita in 2217, and Darwin was up and running by 2229

If we're thinking industrialistic Europe with the Iga'vi, the closest it got to unification was Napoleon and that lasted a grand total of under 15 years. There might be something in there about being really unstable.

For the Aari'vi, it seems like being a nomadic sea-dwelling peoplewould involve having once been a centralized government, perhaps a more fortunate remnant of another past civilation, similar to the Oijah-vi.

The Oijah'vi must have some sort of culture. Unless they were uprooted in less than the past ten years or so, a new culture of underground should be developing by now.

The Valiero'vi sound like something similar to the Mali and Songhai empires of post-classical Africa. Based in trade, mostly nomadic? Perhaps a loose, slightly-past-medieval kingdom in their case.

My two cents.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LichenDragon

Character Sheet
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:09 pm

You mean the History Channel that's all about things that aren't history? I get more history from my computer games. A lot more.

You do realize that humans have nearly gone to war over pigs right? And that all intelligent life will hold those same beliefs in "@#$% you" as humans do, right?

II'm assuming that these Xen'Vi have constructed a network of trade out in the alpine forests and tundra they dwell in. (I think living in caves is a little too far fected. Its like saying if England got bored and destroyed civilization with Tea-time nukes we'd all revert to cavemen.) I think they'd simple be reduced to Native American style social structures living in tribes and every once in awhile going around killing each other for food, territory, materials and shiny stuff.

Because everything with an ounce of intelligence really likes shiny things.

And to Geekus, (by the way, I like this "someone else made a post before you, do you want to review it?" thing.) I agree completely on you with the Agi'Vi, I'd expect some sort of Holy Roman Empire sort of state or, here's the other possibility, an alien version of an Napoleonic empire that rapidly expanded and now pretty much everyone hates them for it. Or they could be almost an Ottoman style situation also.

I like your two cents and agree with pretty much everything you said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)   

Back to top Go down

Novuvsita Timeline of Major Events (But for now I need more information)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next