The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryAlterverse WikiFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Zen'ji Dictionary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: The Zen'ji Dictionary   Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:20 am

Sadly the description is a bit misleading. I've only yet translated the Valiero'ji dialect.

Zen'ji language basically evolved the the cultures and are therefor also divided into Jia'khell (marked K; Norse/Germanic/"Dwarven" influence), Jia'éill (marked E; Greek/Roman/"Elvish" influence) and Jia'vallë (marked V; Various Asian and New World influences).

Here's a list of the most prominent Zen'ji languages / closely related language families. Any others are pretty much negligible:

-Valiero'ith (Used by the Valiero'ji and is the second language of the majority of everyone else; E - envisioned as a Roman/Elvish combo)
-Svia'ith (Used by the majority of the Svia'ji; V - combo of Aari'ith and Zena'ith with some Aka'ith)
-Zena'ith (Used by the Quia'ji, northeastern Svia'ji and far western Tita'ji; V - Aborigine/native American language influence)
-Aari'ith (Used by the majority of the Aari'ji and some Arah'ji; V - native Pacific / Malay archipelago language influence)
-Arah'ith (Used by the Arah'ji and some Aari'ji; V - closely related to Aari'ith and Thera'ith; Middle-Eastern influence)
-Gharo'ith (Used by the Col'tun'ji and some Arah'ji and southern Iga'ji; V - closely related to Arah'ith; Bantu language influence)
-Iga'ith (Used by the majority of western Iga; V/K - somewhat of a combination of Jin'ith and Arah'ith; Mordor influence)
-Omag'ith (Used by the majority of Cyro'bar Iga'ji; V/K/E - a more Jin'ith Iga'ith with some Valieren influence)
-Jin'ith (Used by the majority of eastern Tita'ji and some northwestern Valiero'ji)
-Oijah'ith (Used exclusively by the Oijah'ji; V/K/E - a combo of Iga'ith and Valieren; envisioned as pretty Elvish)
-Thera'ith (A nearly extinct tongue used by the extinct Hish'ji and Cyrill'ji nations and by some minorities in the Arah'ji, Aari'ji and Col'tun'ji; V - Oriental influence)
-Amark'ith (The native tongue of the Amark sub-continent of Gharo; spoken by most of the western-most Aari'ji and Amarkan (southeastern) Iga'ji; E/V - Atlantean (Greek/Egyptian/Mixtec))

And notable extinct languages:
-Duri'ith (The language of the ancient Duri'ji nation of the Black Mountains in Zena; K - Dwarven influence)
-Aka'ith (The language of the ancient Aka'ji super-nation; no longer truly spoken, but still used in naming by the Valiero'ji; E/V - somewhere between Valiero'ith and Aari'ith)
-Vallë'ith (The original Jia'vallë tongue; V)
-Éill'ith (The original Jia'éill tongue; E)
-Khell'ith (The original Jia'khell tongue; K)
-Aylii'ith (Thought to be the first spoken Zen'ji language or perhaps language family, confined for millennia in the Cradle of Zena; the above three spawned directly from this, so it should in theory be a mixture)

I may draw up a general language tree later.

And here follows 500 entries of the Valiero dialect:
A" - "Fat:

Fate" - "Letter:

Library" - "Seem:

Send" - "Your:

Last edited by TemporalV01D on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alterverse.4umer.net
Arrowhead119
New Comer
New Comer

PostSubject: Re: The Zen'ji Dictionary   Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 am

do you want me to work on the exotic languages as well as the normal ones?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: The Zen'ji Dictionary   Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:00 am

Whatever you like. I just basically wanna have the words in that list translated for at least Svia'ith and Iga'ith as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alterverse.4umer.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Zen'ji Dictionary   

Back to top Go down

The Zen'ji Dictionary
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1