The ALTERVERSE Forums
Welcome to the ALTERVERSE Forums. Feel free to log in, in order to contribute and explore.

The ALTERVERSE Forums

ALTERVERSE is a literary universe and multiverse made up of the story arcs of multiple planned and in-progress litterature and culminative world-building projects. Here, you can contribute to the multiverse and explore what it presently entails.

HomePortalCalendarGalleryAlterverse WikiFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Character Status: N/a
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:05 am

It is indeed. Poor Xen'vi, having omnipotent aliens screw with their mortal affairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON
Denizen of the Higher Dimensions

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:01 am

Yeah, we really need to put spoiler allerts in the titles of most of these threads...

But yeah.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://alterverse.4umer.net
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:09 am

Mhm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:14 am

By the way, I'm currently in the process of posting the new chapters. Please feel free to use your new powers to edit them, as I haven't actually done that yet (this includes any BBCode errors there might be and anywhere I forgot to italize (there are a lot of these, I think. You can italize where you see fit. I'll edit again anyway later)). If you're unsure about something, please post your question as a comment on the chapter. Wink

(I'm giving you something other than Wiki articles to do. Of course, you can always finish getting in Wiki info first and then edit. Or, you could do both, and jot down any new pieces of info as you edit (though these will only be found in the Priantos/Nash'ir chapters).)
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:23 am

Hmmm... What I'll probably do is go through the stuff to check for errors while making a timeline of events of the story to use in the wiki articles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:47 am

That's a great idea! Very Happy

It was mainly in the second and third chapters that I forgot to italize.
Back to top Go down
Xeno
Taco Gazelle

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:08 am

Hmm... It would appear as if I'm able to edit posts here, but not in the writers guild. Derp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:10 am

Oh, I think I know why. Hang on, I'll try to fix it.

Alternately, I might just be because I was editing the topic you wanted to edit at the time.

(By the way, don't worry about fixing italics - I'm doing that as we speak.)
Back to top Go down
Aletrius
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:34 am

Brainwave: the Sacred Grove could be the caldera of the Akavir supervolcano...

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:24 am

I was originally planning to put it in what little remaings of the ancient Aka'vi capital, but I guess it would probably be burried under a shizzload of ash, so we could do that. Smile

Off topic: Whao, is that you in your avatar?? Wtf!? You look nothing like what I expected! Laughing (Which totally isn't a bad thing at all, believe me.)
Back to top Go down
Aletrius
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:50 am

TemporalV01D wrote:
Off topic: Whao, is that you in your avatar?? Wtf!? You look nothing like what I expected! Laughing (Which totally isn't a bad thing at all, believe me.)

Yeah, it's me. The photo's a bit pixelated, but I couldn't correct that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:52 am

Suddenly I'm tempted to make my avatar a pic of myself aswel...

By the way, mind filling in your profile a bit more? I enjoy reading the profiles of people I know. /oddness

And now we should probably get somewhat back on topic.
Back to top Go down
Aletrius
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:53 pm

TemporalV01D wrote:
By the way, mind filling in your profile a bit more? I enjoy reading the profiles of people I know. /oddness

Done, as you wished.

Is it still the case that they'll go to the Sacred Grove etc.?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:18 am

^^

Yup. That's basically the primary plot of the second book: David and Priantos finding the Jay'jil. Smile The secondary plot is about Kenji, Kate and the Jay'vi boy. Both plots will also bit-bit tell the story of the start of the war (most of those battles I listed take place during the second book).

Edit: I finished this yesterday. It's an animated map showing the progression, rise and fall of every Xen'vi nation ever, from their emergeance to the first few decades of the fifth age (note that, while the initial time between frames could be as much as few centuries, the time bwteen the last few frames could be as little as a few years. I intend for the time between to have a uniform decrease, though, which I'll work out properly later. For now, let's say the initial time between the frames is about 500 years and the end time is about 5 years. The world map of the first book's period is the second last frame of the Fourth Age, just before Iga takes over almost the whole planet):

Click to View:

Key:
Back to top Go down
Aletrius
Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:02 am

Looks good. How much backstory is there concerning the other nations that no longer exist?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SPACE_LEMON

Character Sheet
Full Name:
Starting Universe:

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:05 am

Well, the following already have back stories / historical significance (not including the nations that still exist):
-Vallë'vi - One of the original three Xen'vi clans, along with the Qui'a'vi and Hish'vi. When the Dam'parr was destroyed by the Shadow, the survivors of that nation fled into the Vallë'vi and infleunced their culture quite a bit.
-Hish'vi - One of the original three Xen'vi clans, along with the Qui'a'vi and Vallë'vi.
-Dam'parr'vi - I've put a lot of thought into this nation. I would say that their architecture, culture and general feel are very simmilar to Tolkien's dwarves. They even live in mountain caves. They were eventually whiped out by the Shadow, who built its huge fortress in Red Mountain, which used to be part of their territory. Also, they were probably responsible for the unnatural caverns and such within Red Mountain, as they loved to delve into the hearts of mountains and such.
-Aka'vi - The greatest Xen'vi nation before the fifth age. They are comparable, like the above, to a compination of Tolkien's elves and Numenoreans (think Gondor's architecture). They didn't get along well with the Vallë'vi, but the two eventually joined to defeat the Shadow the first time. One thing they did a lot, because of their political and economic superiority, was to "allow" struggling nations to join them, forming somewhat of a federation, as opposed to an empire. At the end of the third age, the supervolcano on Akavir erupted, destroying their capitol city and effectively killing off their government. As a result, the huge and formerly great nation became unstable and split into the Valiero'vi, Aari'vi and later the Svia'vi.
-Fin'vi - Pretty much the ancient version of the Aari'vi.
-Lock'tar'vi - Pretty much the ancient version of the Jay'vi.
-Shon'vi - In the PM I just sent you (the same on I sent Xeno. The one about the Jaylen and the Shadow), I explained that the Shadow started a war amoung the Xen'vi. The Shon'vi were effectively the Shadow's Xen'vi forces. In a way, they were like an early Iga'vi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads   

Back to top Go down

Stories and Events of a Time Before the Jawheads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2